Monday, November 06, 2006

100

I'm taking the easy way out this morning and copying a great blogging idea from Bossy Bar Wife.

100 things about me.....

1. I love corn dogs.
2. I love any outdoor festival or fair, and being at one immediately puts me in good spirits.
3. I was painfully shy as a child.
4. I lived a block away from Fenway Park in Boston for three years. I could hear every game from my apartment kitchen.
5. I hate talking on the phone.
6. I love finding unique greeting cards, and love receiving a well-chosen card.
7. I really enjoy wrapping presents.
8. Potted plants gross me out a little bit.
9. I think there few things more repulsive to eat than cow liver.
10. I love fried chicken livers.
11. I cannot exercise without listening to at least one Guns & Roses song.
12. I have two nephews whom I adore.
13. My 30th birthday is in exactly one month.
14. My family tells me we are distantly related to To Kill a Mockingbird author Harper Lee.
15. I won my high school's pageant, and have a tiara boxed up at my parents' house.
16. Winning that pageant was a really big deal to me at the time, which is funny to me now.
17. I have never been stung by a bee.
18. I drink no less than 2 cups of coffee every day.
19. I love mimosas.
20. I get very anxious on long road trips.
21. I was an RA for three years in college.
22. If I could, I would wear flips flops every day of my life.
23. I never tire of good mexican food.
24. Cold cuts (in my frig at home) generally gross me out. If they are over a couple of days old, I cannot eat them.
25. I think mayonnaise is delicious.
26. I had a blood transfusion 2 years ago.
27. I have never donated blood.
28. I have performed in 8 operas.
29. I think Skittles, and really all fruit candies, are terrible.
30. I like to eat Tootsie Pops while I'm doing household chores.
31. The chore I like the least is putting away laundry. I will put off doing it until I absolutely have to.
32. I do not mind cleaning the bathroom at all.
33. I am far more comfortable standing up and speaking to a room full of people than having to mingle with that same room full of people.
34. I worked at Harvard for a year.
35. Though I haven't had them since I was a kid and would never make them for myself, I love fried Spam sandwiches.
36. I enjoy watching televangelists.
37. I wonder what God thinks about people like Jerry Falwell .
38. I can watch a documentary on any subject.
39. (Nobody will believe this....) I did not see an entire episode of Friends until after it went into syndication.
40. I could watch The Golden Girls every day.
41. I have excellent handwriting.
42. I only recently started to comprehend what a gift good health is.
43. Multi-vitamins make me incredibly nauseous. I have to take them immediately before I go to bed.
44. I was Student Council President my senior year of high school.
45. I got lost on foot in Vienna with Bossy on a college choir tour.
46. I did not have a taste of alcohol until I went to college.
47. I grew up Baptist.
48. I have never smoked a cigarette.
49. My dad recently kicked a 40+ year smoking habit.
50. I spent most of high school having crushes on guys I didn't know.
51. I didn't date much in high school.
52. I am never totally at ease on a boat.
53. I have to know at least a few personal details about the people I work with before I feel totally comfortable around them.
54. I like to share personal details about myself with others.
55. I own my home.
56. I hate wearing shorts.
57. I am comfortable doing just about anything alone.
58. I caught mono from my boyfriend in grad school.
59. I am not as close to my mother as I wish I could be.
60. "You Can't Always Get What You Want" is my favorite Rolling Stones song.
61. I think my feet are unattractive.
62. I have a long nose, but I don't dislike it.
63. I love history.
64. I loathe math.
65. I don't like the addition of Meredith Vierra to the Today Show cast.
66. I adore Matt Lauer.
67. Since junior high I've always kind of wanted to be a news anchor, and I still dream about it sometimes.
68. I think Larry King is the worst interviewer on television.
69. CATS is the worst thing I've ever seen.
70. I am a perfectionist about silly things.
71. I cannot fathom buying a whole chicken from the grocery store.
72. Tuscany is my favorite perfume. You could call it my signature scent.
73. I will always love watching Steel Magnolias.
74. My fondest memory of my girlfriends in high school is of our renacting scenes from Steel Magnolias, for fun. I did a great impression of Shelby during her diabetic episode at the beauty parlor.
75. I was a singing waitress in Daytona Beach...
76. during Bike Week.
77. I spent about a year and a half on Match.com. The stories from that period of time could occupy an entire blog.
78. If I had a year in which I didn't have to work for a living, I would try to write a book.
79. I think little girls are forced to grow up too quickly in our culture.
80. I adore southern cooking.
81. When I was in kindergarten, I thought my dad was black. Turns out he was just very tan.
82. I am a much stronger person than I ever thought I would be.
83. I would rather have 1 set of high thread count sheets than a closet full of cheap ones.
84. I love going to the movies.
85. I hate going to Blockbuster.
86. I am terrible about returning DVD's to Blockbuster on time.
87. When I am focused on something, I overlook other things easily. I have to keep a calendar for every dayn and have to live by it.
88. I have to fight the urge to scowl at people talking on their cell phones in public places. If it's not an emergency, I promise you it can wait.
89. I love Popeyes fried chicken.
90. If I really need to think about something, I go for a drive.
91. I have talked my way out of a traffic ticket I know I deserved.
92. If My Big Fat Greek Wedding is on TV, I watch it. Always.
93. I hate packing for a trip. I either take way too much or not enough.
94. I waste shampoo.
95. I love conversations that get off course.
96. I avoid small talk if at all possible. I hate it.
97. I make terrible cole slaw.
98. If Ghostbusters is on TV, I watch it. Always.
99. If I could eat Krystal burgers for lunch every day, I would.
100. I know that laughter is always the best medicine.

2 comments:

Bossy Bar-Wife said...

I love this. I had to laugh out loud at #1, because I had a corn dog for lunch! I haven't had one in two years, but YUM.
Thanks for the shout out in #40. That was an event I'll never forget!

Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Sorry, I meant #45. However, #40 TOTALLY applies to me too.